Explain to your refugee partner(s) what taxes are, why they exist, and how to pay them in the United States. You may assist them in learning to file their own taxes or there are free tax services they may be able to utilize.

In High Point Look to the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance page for information on the free services that can assist your refugee partner(s). Help them access and navigate the free tax service websites, fill out any paperwork, and assist with setting up an appointment.

Teach the refugees in a way where they can manage on their own in the future. 


High Point VITA Coalition has tax volunteers that offer free services on a first-come first-serve basis.

Anyone is eligible if they earned under a certain income limit in the previous year.  Check the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance website for more information on eligibility. 

For more information and locations see below or call 336-883-3041.