If the family you are partnered with decides to move before their lease ends, they may be responsible for paying the additional months of rent owed. You may want to encourage or assist your partnered family in going to speak to the landlord about moving.  It is also a good idea to inform World Relief of this. On most occasions the family must notify the landlord in writing 30 days before they plan to move, to avoid paying any associated fees.

Your partnered family will be responsible for cleaning the home before leaving. The cleanliness of the home should be the same as when the family received.  Do not take any appliances that do not belong to the family. Any keys should be returned to the landlord after they have finished moving. The amount of deposit that the family will receive back will depend on damage that is done to the rental unit, the cleanliness of the unit and the proper amount of notice given.

The family is also responsible to notify Duke Energy and Piedmont Natural Gas (as well as any other utilities they have) that they are moving and stopping service at that address. If they do not notify them, they will be responsible for the bills after they have moved.

The family will also need to file an AR-11 (change of address with immigration) and USPS Change of Address Form after moving. This needs to be done within 10 days of moving.  An AR-11 can also be found online at https://egov.uscis.gov/coa/displayCOAForm.do A USPS form can be found at a local post office. If the family is receiving benefits from DSS, they will also need to be notified within 10 working days.