The internship program at World Relief is a competitive program that has accepted students and recent graduates from universities across the United States. We select applicants from all fields of study who demonstrate excellence in service and learning, and a desire to serve refugees and immigrants. World Relief interns have the opportunity to gain professional casework skills, build meaningful relationships, and learn about local and global refugee issues, both through direct-service to refugees and ongoing trainings and debriefing sessions.
Internship alumni have gone on to diverse fields such as international development, education, missions, local politics, and, of course, becoming employed at World Relief. This unique opportunity will allow interns to gain global, local, and professional experience while also contributing to an organization focused on serving the most vulnerable in our community.
World Relief is able to provide oversight and fill out forms necessary for selected interns to receive academic credit for their internship.
While all internships are unpaid and require a minimum of 16 hrs a week, the program is competitive, so you are encouraged to approach it in the same way you would a job. Applicants are required to submit a cover letter, resume, application, and to pass a Criminal Background Check. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
For more information about World Relief’s internship opportunities, please call 336-823-6889.
World Relief has multiple programs and each one has several focus areas.
Applicants can apply to any of these four programs.
IMMIGRATION LEGAL SERVICES
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Start and End Dates
SUMMER: Monday, May 14th, 2018 through Friday, August 10th, 2018
FALL: Monday, August 20th, 2018 through Friday, December 14th, 2018
SUMMER: May 1st, 2018
FALL: July 1st, 2018
1. APPLICATION: Complete online application form
2. COVER LETTER AND RESUME: Email a cover letter and resume to TriadInternships@wr.org, each file name should contain your first and last name.
3. RECOMMENDATION FORMS: World Relief asks for two recommendation forms, one personal (non-family) and one academic/professional. World Relief's Internship Program Coordinator will send the blank recommendation forms to the two individuals listed in the "Recommendation Forms - References" section of the application.
5. INTERVIEW: Interviews are conducted after all forms have been received. The applicant will be contacted via email to setup an interview time.
6. BACKGROUND CHECK: If selected, a criminal background check (free of charge) is required through World Relief.