The internship program at World Relief is a competitive program that accepts students and recent graduates from universities across the United States. We select applicants from all fields of study who demonstrate excellence in service and learning, and a desire to serve refugees, immigrants, survivors of trafficking, and the communities that welcome them. World Relief interns have the opportunity to build professional skills and gain real-world experience in the non-profit sector. Interns will learn about local and global issues impacting refugees, immigrants, and survivors of trafficking through training and by assisting with direct-services to our clients and community.
Semester Based Internship
(Academic credit available)
- 1 or 2 semester timeframe
- Receive academic credit
- Immerse yourself in field of study
- Apply for more information
Experience Based Internship
- 12 month timeframe
- Develop professional skills
- Learn about non-profit sector
- Apply for more information
While all internships are unpaid and require a minimum of 16 hrs a week, the program is competitive
so you are encouraged to approach it in the same way you would a job.
For more information about World Relief’s internship opportunities, please call 336-887-9007.
World Relief has multiple programs and each one has several focus areas.
Applicants can apply to any of these seven areas.
IMMIGRATION LEGAL SERVICES
COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT INITIATIVES
Church/Community Partners Engagement
Advocacy & Awareness
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Health & Wellness Services
Advocacy and Awareness
Marketing & Communications
EDUCATION & EMPLOYMENT
Life Skills/English Language Classes
Start and End Dates
SPRING 2021: Monday, January 25, 2020 - Friday, April 30, 2020
SUMMER 2021: Monday, May 17, 2021 - Friday, August 3, 2021
FALL 2021: Monday, August 30, 2021 - Friday, December 10, 2021
SPRING 2021: Sunday, November 1, 2020
SUMMER 2021: Sunday, February 28, 2021 (interviews held March 1-19)
FALL 2021: Sunday, August 1, 2021
. COVER LETTER AND RESUME:
Email a cover letter and resume to TriadInternships@wr.org
, each file name should contain your first and last name.
3. RECOMMENDATION FORMS: World Relief asks for two recommendation forms, one personal (non-family) and one academic/professional. World Relief's Internship Program Coordinator will send the blank recommendation forms to the two individuals listed in the "Recommendation Forms - References" section of the application.
5. INTERVIEW: Interviews are conducted after the application deadline if all forms have been received. The applicant will be contacted via email to setup an interview time.
6. BACKGROUND CHECK: If selected, a criminal background check (free of charge) is required through World Relief.
Internship alumni have gone on to diverse fields such as international development, education, missions, local politics, and, of course, becoming employed at World Relief. This unique opportunity will allow interns to gain global, local, and professional experience while also contributing to an organization focused on serving the most vulnerable in our community.
World Relief is able to provide oversight and fill out forms necessary for selected interns to receive academic credit for their internship.
Volunteer + Intern FAQ | Go to Volunteer