One year after a refugee arrives into the U.S., they are eligible to apply for their green card or permanent residence, given they have completed all required immunizations and have received their USCIS packet from the Health Department. Refer to:

The USCIS packet expires one year after it is issued. This document is useful for potential employers once the refugee's Work Authorization card has expired, and it also allows for the refugee to travel outside of the country. 

In order to apply for a green card, refugees should get in contact with Shivani Shrivastav. P: 336-887-9007 E: