The World Relief Triad ILS program partners with local churches as well as the wider community to provide affordable, high-quality legal services to immigrants throughout the North Carolina area. World Relief Triad is recognized by the U.S. Department of Justice and its caseworkers can represent clients before the U.S Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).
Temporary Protected Status: TPS
Re-Registration Period Now Open for Salvadorans with Temporary Protected Status
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) announced today that current beneficiaries of Temporary Protected Status (TPS) under El Salvador’s designation who want to maintain their status through the effective termination date of Sept. 9, 2019, must re-register between Jan. 18, 2018, and March 19, 2018.
Employment Authorization for Haitians with TPS Automatically Extended Until July 21, 2018
Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals: DACA
At this time the DACA program is still in effect. Individuals whose status expired between 9/5/2017 and 3/5/2018 and were not able to submit a renewal request during the prior renewal period may submit now. New DACA applicants and advance parole remain blocked.
On Tuesday, January 16th the Department of Justice stated that the Supreme Court will review the U.S. District judge's ruling on DACA from last week in hopes that the justices will overturn the judge's ruling and injunction. The administration has also appealed the judge's injunction to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th circuit.
Adjustment of Status
- Petition to Remove Conditions on Permanent Resident Status
- T/U Visa-Based Adjustments
- Application for Naturalization
- Certificate of Citizenship
- Replacement of Naturalization Certificate
- Sign-Up for Citizenship Classes
- Certificate of Citizenship for Minors
- Fee waivers are available through USCIS if necessary
- Medical Waivers
- Petitions for a Non-Spouse/Relative
- Fiancé Visas
- Fiancé Petition
- Change of Address
- Consular Process/Immigrant Visas
- Freedom of Information Act (F.O.I.A.) Requests and Reviews
- Replacement of Non-Immigrant Arrival-Departure Documents
- Travel Documents
- Employment Authorizations
- Immigrant Defense Project — Know Your Rights with ICE
- How to Protect Your Family - Protegiendo a su familia
Catholic Legal Immigration Network's (CLINIC) page on preparing for the change in the administration
Watch this video to learn more about your rights
***Beware of notaries! Sadly, nowadays some people will attempt to offer benefits or protections that do not exist. Only seek legal help from reputable legal providers.***
For a consultation appointment with an Immigration caseworker at World Relief Triad please call our office at 336-887-9007 or send an email to us at HPTILS@wr.org